Grand Rapids, MI – From Australia to Alberta, Maryland and Manitoba, a new year has begun. This is HIKE’s 32nd year and we know it will be exceptional!
Last year was our best year ever and this year our goal is $200,000 in donations!! It’s going to take everyone doing their part from the Bethel to the Supreme level. The 2016-2017 CHALLENGE is for each Job’s Daughter to raise or contribute at least $32!
At the SGC Installation, our Board President Donna Goede presented the new Supreme Team with a Gregory statue. Gregory was the first recipient of a HIKE award in 1985, and the statue reminds us of the over 2,500 kids that have been helped by HIKE.
In addition to the statue, a complete pin set was also given to the Supreme Team to promote HIKE while they travel this year. Sales of the pin have been excellent thus far, likely due to featuring Dad Tim’s service dog, Jerry. What a tribute!
Order a complete pin set today! The pin is $3 andthe 5 charms are $25 each, for a total of $128.
We look forward to featuring jurisdictions and individuals who are doing amazing things to promote and fundraise for HIKE this year. Don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Congratulations to our 2016 HIKE award winners! 15 dynamic young women from 9 jurisdictions raised over $26,000 this year!! Jeannie Link-Johnson and John Coulter were awarded the HIKE Adult Volunteer Award.
1. Caty K – KS
2. Elizabeth R – WI
3. Misha C – VA
4. Cecelia B – KS
5. Andi C – PA
6. Meckenzie Y – MO
7. Abby T – OH
8. Brooklyn C – MO
9. Lilly F – MO
10. Cassie V – OH
11. Lily L – KS
12. Lexi V – OH
13. Naomi H – MD
14. Hailey D – IL
15. Zoe C – MI
Tuesday, July 26 – The HIKE Board will host a State Coordinator’s meeting at the Amway Grand Plaza at 1:30 PM in the Ottawa Room. Topics to be discussed include growing excitement for HIKE, planning a fundraising event, and organizing a HIKE presentation. Representatives from all jurisdictions are invited to attend, if your coordinator is not able.
The HIKE Fund, Inc. will be onsite and ready for action at this year’s 2016 Supreme Session of Job’s Daughters International. We are ready to meet with coordinators from across the nation and to dance it up on Tuesday night! This year is HIKE’s 32nd year!
Don’t miss out on cool new apparel and other goodies at the HIKE Sales table.
- Monday, July 25, 2016 – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Board Meeting
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016 – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Board Meeting
1:30 p.m. Coordinators Meeting
7:00 p.m. HIKE Event
Locations for meetings and event will be listed in the Session booklet. Thank you for supporting the HIKE Fund!
Quinn Bastian, a recent HIKE recipient in South Dakota, is among the first in the region to receive a Cochlear Implant for hearing loss on one side. KSFY shares his story – click on the photo below.
Let your feet do the talking!
HIKE is selling limited-edition socks between April 18–May 1. The proceeds will help us reach our goal of raising $500 by Supreme Session 2016.
Order Online Today!
You can help us achieve this milestone by:
–Sharing this post on your bethel, jurisidictional, or personal facebook pages.
–Talking about the fundraiser during your next Bethel or other Masonic meeting.
–Offering a pair of socks to the next Job’s Daughter who passes her proficiency or signs a petition.
–Buying socks for your officers, installation team, or Jobie friends.
Order Online Today!
For more information, please contact Tiffany by email
Recently, Justin R. received a HIKE award from the Job’s Daughters of Bethel No. 103, Mountain View, CA. There was great excitement for taking part in this and the family was grateful. Thank you to Lori E., Bethel Guardian, for providing a photo from the award ceremony.
Our time in St. Louis concluded yesterday after a long yet accomplished day. Each Board member reported in their respective areas of leadership, and discussions about sustainability and longevity were had.
Meeting highlights included:
- Grant applications are open again! After a temporary pause to re-evaluate funding and impact, the Board decided unanimously that we are able to award another 15 grants through Supreme Session in July 2016.
- The T&T HIKE Scholarship for $1,000 is open to any daughter or majority member of Job’s Daughters International studying Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology, or Deaf Education. Applications are available on the JDI website under Scholarships.
- The Board has openings for 4 new members. If you or someone you know would be a good fit to help The HIKE Fund, go online to submit your application. Deadline is May 1,2016. (If you’d like to download an application form to mail to Board President, Donna Goede, click here.)
- Quarterly information about donations received and awards granted will be posted online so that states can see how they are doing. Job’s Daughters who are raising top dollars will also be featured quarterly.
- New and trendy HIKE apparel will be available at Supreme Session and the Bracelet Bar will be available again to stock up on HIKE charms from past years.
- This year, we enter into our 32nd year of The HIKE Fund, Inc. and the HIKE Challenge will be for every daughter to raise $32 for HIKE. If we can reach this goal, it will bring us close to $157,000!! This amount would allow HIKE to award up to 40 grants in the next year. Start working on your fundraising ideas now.
- Supreme Session will feature a few HIKE events and we hope you’ll put them on your agenda to attend!
- We’re also looking for guest bloggers to share their HIKE stories or what HIKE means to them. This could also include promotion of your upcoming HIKE events and fundraising activities. We want to promote all the great work you’re doing to support HIKE’s vision – “That every child may hear…”
More information to come in the following months leading up to Supreme Session, July 24 – 30, 2016 in Grand Rapids, Michigan!
The T&T HIKE Scholarship of $1,000.00 is awarded to a Majority Member of Job’s Daughter using the same qualifications of the Supreme Guardian Council Scholarship listed below, with the additional requirement:
- A Majority Member entering her junior year of College or higher in Audiology, Speech Pathology or Deaf Education.
Scholarships are available to aid Job’s Daughters of outstanding ability who have a sincere desire to further their education. High school seniors or graduates, junior college, technical or vocational students or college students and those in early graduation programs who are Job’s Daughters in good standing in their Bethels may apply for their scholarships.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2016
- Members of Job’s Daughters and Majority Members pursuant to the law, to qualify for the scholarships shall make an application on the regular application forms to the Chairman of the Educational Committee.
- The Executive Members of the Bethel Guardian Council of the applicant’s Bethel should use discretion in recommending Bethel members on Form EDS#4.
- Applicants shall be finally judged by the committee and the Scholarship Committee and all applicants will be notified before Supreme Session. The factors to be evaluated in awarding the scholarships shall be:
- Scholarship Standing
- Job’s Daughters Activities
- Executive Bethel Guardian Council Recommendations
- School (faculty) Recommendation
- Achievements outside of Job’s Daughters
Please note: Deadline for clearly postmarked application with required enclosures is April 30, 2016.