The HIKE Fund strives to have a seamless and transparent process for children who apply for HIKE grants. Please note that the estimated time from receipt of completed application to presented award is approximately four (4) months.
The application is a seven (7) page document and you must use the application linked above. When the application is complete, send the following by U.S. regular or priority mail. (There is no need to request a signature for delivery.)
- Completed pages 4 and 5
- Letter from Parents/Guardians requesting assistance
- Copy of last year’s Federal Income Tax Return, pages 1 and 2 only
- Copy of recent pay stub for each wage earner listed on the form
- Recent audiogram
- Itemized cost quotation from supplier
- Completed page 7 by audiologist or supplier
Within two weeks, applicants will receive a letter saying the application is
2) incomplete and the items missing, or
3) rejected and the reason for the rejection.
If the application is complete, it will be sent to the HIKE Board Audiologist and, if approved, will be sent to the HIKE Board Treasurer. The Board Treasurer will send a letter to parent/guardian giving the amount of the grant and approximately length of time before funds will be available.
When the funds are available, the award check (made payable to the supplier) will be sent to a Job’s Daughter representative in your area for presentation with a copy of the letter sent to parents/guardians. They will contact the parents/guardians to make arrangements for the presentation. Award checks are good for 180 days from the date of issue.
Please email HIKE Board member, Ellen Garrabrant, with any additional questions about the application process.
Revised August 7, 2023