Well, 2016 is done and – WOW! – was it good. Donations have been amazing and we can’t thank you all enough for being so generous and loving to help kids with the gift of hearing. You are literally changing lives! We are $10,000 ahead of where we were last year (2015) and $14,000 ahead of the year before (2014)! We have a big, audacious goal this year – $200,000 – and we are 41% of the way there. We have 5 months to make it happen. Will you be a part of the goal-making team?
New things are good and we want to keep you updated:
1. The Board of Directors of The HIKE Fund will hold the mid-year meeting in St. Louis, MO on March 3 – 5, 2017. The agenda is set and full. If you have any questions or feedback to give to the Board, please let us know!
2. States are rocking and rolling with fundraising through Job’s Daughters International. Way to go!!
3. We have begun a partnership with Giving Assistant. Just click this banner and shop away! We’ll get a small kickback. Easy peasy!
4. Our goal this year is for every Job’s Daughter to raise at least $32 for HIKE’s 32nd Year. We have 6 states who have smashed that per capita: Iowa, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, and Virginia. A few states are very close – Delaware, Illinois, and Ohio. Check out the stats on the states here!
5. Be thinking about honoring amazing adults in your state who loudly and proudly advocate, promote and fundraise for The HIKE Fund. You can submit nominations now through June 15th.
November 29, 2016 is Giving Tuesday. Have you ever been given a gift that was life-changing? Close your eyes. Put yourself in that spot and remember how you felt. Was it freedom or relief? Perhaps you felt overwhelming joy and fulfillment. Perhaps you didn’t feel it at the time but the gift would ultimately change the way you experience the world. The HIKE Fund asks for your partnership and support to help families who need a little bit of love to ensure their child has suitable equipment to address hearing loss, deafness or other communication disorders improved by assistive hearing devices. Watch this short video by Virginia’s Grand Guardian, Christi Tanous, sharing an excerpt from Sarah Klegman’s story.
Be inspired to hear the wind blowing against the window of your room or the ocean waves crash against the shore. Listen to the birds and the whispers to your friends at the sleepover so you don’t wake up your parents upstairs. Take a moment and soak in all those sounds around you, and know that your donations are helping someone do the same…maybe for the first time! Share Sarah’s story and celebrate the great work that the HIKE Fund is able to do because of you!
Let your feet do the talking!
HIKE is selling limited-edition socks between April 18–May 1. The proceeds will help us reach our goal of raising $500 by Supreme Session 2016.
Order Online Today!
You can help us achieve this milestone by:
–Sharing this post on your bethel, jurisidictional, or personal facebook pages.
–Talking about the fundraiser during your next Bethel or other Masonic meeting.
–Offering a pair of socks to the next Job’s Daughter who passes her proficiency or signs a petition.
–Buying socks for your officers, installation team, or Jobie friends.
Order Online Today!
For more information, please contact Tiffany by email