Registration for the Magnolia Medal ends on Friday, 10/30, along with the first 5K in the HIKE is LOVE Virtual Run Series – Catch the Cardinal. Don’t let the day get away from you and sign-up now: https://runsignup.com/QuickReg/96822
Registration for our next 5K in the series – Book It for Books – will begin on Sunday, November 1st. (If you signed up for the Magnolia Medal, you do not need to register for the individual 5K runs.)
The HIKE Fund, Inc. Board of Directors will remember Dad Chuck for his leadership to help children with hearing loss. Because of his vision, over 2,600 kids have received the gift of hearing through grants that provide hearing aids and other devices. Almost $5.2 million dollars have been raised since 1985.
If HIKE has had an impact on your life – either as a recipient, parent, Job’s Daughter, or valuable donor – please consider leaving a comment on the online guest book for his family. Please share your stories with them so they can treasure the legacy that Dad Chuck leaves behind.
Well, 2016 is done and – WOW! – was it good. Donations have been amazing and we can’t thank you all enough for being so generous and loving to help kids with the gift of hearing. You are literally changing lives! We are $10,000 ahead of where we were last year (2015) and $14,000 ahead of the year before (2014)! We have a big, audacious goal this year – $200,000 – and we are 41% of the way there. We have 5 months to make it happen. Will you be a part of the goal-making team?
New things are good and we want to keep you updated:
1. The Board of Directors of The HIKE Fund will hold the mid-year meeting in St. Louis, MO on March 3 – 5, 2017. The agenda is set and full. If you have any questions or feedback to give to the Board, please let us know!
2. States are rocking and rolling with fundraising through Job’s Daughters International. Way to go!!
3. We have begun a partnership with Giving Assistant. Just click this banner and shop away! We’ll get a small kickback. Easy peasy!
4. Our goal this year is for every Job’s Daughter to raise at least $32 for HIKE’s 32nd Year. We have 6 states who have smashed that per capita: Iowa, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, and Virginia. A few states are very close – Delaware, Illinois, and Ohio. Check out the stats on the states here!
5. Be thinking about honoring amazing adults in your state who loudly and proudly advocate, promote and fundraise for The HIKE Fund. You can submit nominations now through June 15th.
Be inspired to hear the wind blowing against the window of your room or the ocean waves crash against the shore. Listen to the birds and the whispers to your friends at the sleepover so you don’t wake up your parents upstairs. Take a moment and soak in all those sounds around you, and know that your donations are helping someone do the same…maybe for the first time! Share Sarah’s story and celebrate the great work that the HIKE Fund is able to do because of you!