The annual day that follows Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday – Giving Tuesday! It’s fascinating that it bookends the flurry of consumerism and seemingly endless deals and discounts. This year’s theme for Giving Tuesday is Unleash Generosity.
As a HIKE Fund supporter and champion, you know we had to discontinue processing grant applications in May 2021 due to decreased funds available to give. We are a lean nonprofit organization where only 2% of our income goes to overhead expenses like insurance, accounting, and legal costs to stay compliant as an organization. Everything else goes to eligible children and their families who are waiting to improve their hearing through aids and other assistive devices.
It is a life-giving and life-changing work, and we do not take for granted the amazing donations and generosity of so many people each year, especially the members of Job’s Daughters International. In a typical year, we give 70 grants ranging from $1,000-$5,000. We deeply want to re-open applications again in 2022. We are working hard to maximize our donations with matching gifts and unique ways to fundraise.
Will you unleash your generosity for Giving Tuesday 2021 to The HIKE Fund? Any amount gets us closer to helping children with the gift of hearing! There are six ways you can support us over the next week:
- Order a HIKE Shirt!
- Make a donation online via PayPal.
- Support a current Facebook Fundraiser: Jennifer, Chris, Melanie, Ian, Neva, Amy, and John.
- Host a Facebook or Instagram Fundraiser.
- Join The HIKE Fund Running Team and run with us at the 2022 Grandma’s Marathon and GB Half Marathon.
- Buy some yummy cookies from Laura Jo’s Cookies for Kids (make sure to select The HIKE Fund for your order).