Our time in St. Louis concluded yesterday after a long yet accomplished day. Each Board member reported in their respective areas of leadership, and discussions about sustainability and longevity were had.
Meeting highlights included:
- Grant applications are open again! After a temporary pause to re-evaluate funding and impact, the Board decided unanimously that we are able to award another 15 grants through Supreme Session in July 2016.
- The T&T HIKE Scholarship for $1,000 is open to any daughter or majority member of Job’s Daughters International studying Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology, or Deaf Education. Applications are available on the JDI website under Scholarships.
- The Board has openings for 4 new members. If you or someone you know would be a good fit to help The HIKE Fund, go online to submit your application. Deadline is May 1,2016. (If you’d like to download an application form to mail to Board President, Donna Goede, click here.)
- Quarterly information about donations received and awards granted will be posted online so that states can see how they are doing. Job’s Daughters who are raising top dollars will also be featured quarterly.
- New and trendy HIKE apparel will be available at Supreme Session and the Bracelet Bar will be available again to stock up on HIKE charms from past years.
- This year, we enter into our 32nd year of The HIKE Fund, Inc. and the HIKE Challenge will be for every daughter to raise $32 for HIKE. If we can reach this goal, it will bring us close to $157,000!! This amount would allow HIKE to award up to 40 grants in the next year. Start working on your fundraising ideas now.
- Supreme Session will feature a few HIKE events and we hope you’ll put them on your agenda to attend!
- We’re also looking for guest bloggers to share their HIKE stories or what HIKE means to them. This could also include promotion of your upcoming HIKE events and fundraising activities. We want to promote all the great work you’re doing to support HIKE’s vision – “That every child may hear…”
More information to come in the following months leading up to Supreme Session, July 24 – 30, 2016 in Grand Rapids, Michigan!